Deadline: 5 November 2016
The Pink iT Initiative is seeking applications for its Women Empowerment Programme that aims to empower unemployed young female graduates in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) with software development and entrepreneurial skills to take up entrepreneurial role in the Software Industry.
This is a 22 week-long programme (16 weeks training workshop Saturdays only, while hands-on practice assignments will be done by participants during the week remotely or in a working space that shall be provided and 6 weeks internship in a software development company).
Unemployed young female graduates in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) will be taught in depth lessons on software development and entrepreneurial skills to take up entrepreneurial role in the Software Industry. The program will groom them into becoming a successful entrepreneur in the software industry and applicant will be expected to grow their own business.
- Software development skills
- Business skills: Marketing and Sales, Financial and Accounting, Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and interpersonal Skills
If the applicant’s answers to all these questions are yes, then please apply.
- Are you a graduate with a minimum of HND/B.Sc from any of the courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)?
- Are you presently unemployed?
- Do you have a creative and analytical mind?
- Do you have a ‘can-do’ spirit, self- disciplined and self-motivating?
- Can you stay long solving a problem and ask for help when needed?
- Do you have a burning desire to bring about a change in your community?
- Are you free to share what you know with others and learn from others ?
- Are you passionate about software development?
- Do you enjoy learning and are you adventurous?
- Are you enterprising and will like to be an entrepreneur?
- Can you commit 6 full months to the programme?
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit http://pinkit.org/