APPLY: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
The Bridge Leadership Foundation (TBLF) – A non-profit leadership and mentoring Foundation based in Calabar, Cross River State – seeks to hire an outstanding individual to serve as its Executive Secretary The is committed to building generations of young people educated to become compassionate, entrepreneurial and engaged citizens who are empowered to take responsibility for their own lives and make a difference in their communities. The Board of Trustees seeks a dynamic and creative leader with impeccable integrity to further strengthen the work the Foundation has done. Candidates must be deeply committed to the Foundation’s purpose and values and should bring demonstrated interests, professional experience in the Foundation’s core areas, and have a record of accomplishments.
He/She must be interested in working with and answering to an active board that has high standards and also values its participation in policy making.
In executing these responsibilities, the Executive Secretary must be able to engage Trustees effectively and provide them with concise and rigorous information to make sound decisions. The Executive Secretary will report to the Board of Trustees and work closely with the Board Chair.
The Executive Secretary will:
- Assume leadership for the creation, vision and implementation of an operational plan, covering administration and program development, including the setting of both short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Manage all fund development activities, including grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors, event planning, and identifying new resources. Actively seek and maintain a diverse donor base of individual, businesses, foundations and government segments.
- Build long term relationships with key donor segments based on mission, cultivation and stewardship, program outcomes and sound fiscal management.
- Lead organization’s financial growth in order to maintain healthy cash flow, provide full services to our constituents and maintain adequate reserves to support board-approved investments and risk-taking;
- Develop requests for proposals, assess and evaluate programs and make recommendations to the board;
- Develop and lead the strategy of the Foundation within the broad context of the local and national landscape by using performance measurements to guide strategic and operational decision-making;
- Take a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with the Board of Trustees, staff and members that would result in the development of goals, objectives and operational plans for the organization;
- Oversees preparation of the annual budget and other necessary financial documents. Provide information and justifications for Board of Trustees in its budgetary review and approval process;
- Ensure the organization has diverse staff with skills appropriate to the needs of the position through people management activities including hiring, separation of employment, ongoing staff development, performance management, compensation and benefits;
- Develop a strategic marketing plan that provides a clear and concise message telling the Foundation’s story. Oversee the execution of marketing and media relations;
- Represent the Foundation in all media relations by participating in interviews, developing press releases and all other media type engagements.
- Undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years non-profit work experience in comparable fields. At least five (5) years of demonstrated success in staff leadership, fundraising, partnership development and financial management.
- Demonstrated success of effectively leading change and organizational growth through strategic planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working on youth related development programs and projects.
- Demonstrated success in acquiring agency support through successful grant applications and general fund raising.
- Strong fund development, marketing and public relations experience to successfully engage stakeholders, including funders, business partners, policy makers, media and communities.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Relocation allowance or benefits will be considered.
- Qualified candidates are invited to send a substantive cover letter describing interest in the position and qualifications, resume/CV,salary history, and one writing sample to: email@example.com .