Bits about us
WHO WE ARE
ABOUT THE BRIDGE LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
The Bridge Leadership Foundation is a not-for profit organization with a commitment to building generations of young people educated to become compassionate, entrepreneurial and engaged citizens who are empowered to take responsibility for their own lives and for making a difference in the world. Since inception in 2011, the foundation has addressed gaps in the provision of practical leadership models for young people and has over the years provided platforms designed to develop, mentor and empower these young people to maximize their potential.
In the past five years, the Foundation has directly impacted over 25,000 young people through our unique programmes and the continued commitment of individuals, schools, corporate organizations, mentors, sponsors and partners who share our passion in raising generations of transformational leaders. The success stories of young people developing successful careers and new enterprises with a particular focus on excellence and global business outlook serves as a catalyst for further development within their local communities and the region.
The Foundation is the personal vision of Senator Liyel Imoke. It is governed by a Board of seasoned professionals and run by a secretariat.
- To promote leadership among young people by providing integrated leadership education and skills for the youth through learning and education.
- To promote, procure and provide requisite managerial and technical services for the development of leadership among young people.
- To promote entrepreneurship development for the young people through the provision of skills, enhancing learning and educational initiatives, systems and institutions.
- To partner with constituted authorities, development agencies and international organisations in ensuring the development of leadership values among young people.
- To bridge the leadership gap between the older and younger generations through education, capacity building and skill acquisition and control of common problems with emphasis on public enlightenment.
To raise a community of inspired, equipped and influential young leaders, who lead themselves and others.
To inspire, equip, and raise generations of transformational leaders by providing platforms for personal, career and community development.