The GWP-AIP Youth Leaders Fellowship aims to support and empower young people in driving the transformation required to improve the investment outlook for water security and sustainable sanitation in Africa. Nurturing youth through this expanding internship programs helps to develop the skills and experience needed for both traditional and new jobs. Ultimately, investing in youth will not only transform their lives but will also transform societies, nations, and the continent, helping to break intergenerational poverty, address inequalities, and create a stable, peaceful and prosperous Africa. GWP is, therefore, providing young female and male youth leaders with an opportunity to acquire exceptional skills and competencies that will pave a career path and develop leadership potential through this fellowship.
March 31st, 2021.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the fellowship:
- A Masters degree, at least, in fields such as water, climate, environment and natural resources, gender, and energy studies, or in any discipline that is relevant to GWP work. PhDs are advantageous.
- General knowledge and understanding of water resources management.
- A solid understanding of international development, gender, water security, environmental management, climate change, and climate change adaptation.
- Fluency in English. Additional knowledge of languages such as French and Portuguese are desirable.
- A person living in one of the AU members states, and aged 35 years or younger on March 31, 2021.
GWP will provide a small stipend to the fellows. GWP will pay for accommodation and travel expenses, if any project-related travel is required. Fellows are entirely responsible for their own living costs such as groceries and health insurance. However, they will be provided with operational tools, such as a laptop, for use during the period of the fellowship.
View official Website Here for Application and further information.
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates