The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
31 July 2020.
The main DAAD criteria for selection are:
- An academic degree with far above average results (upper third)
- language skills (every university has different language proficiency requirements)
- political and social engagement
- convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany
- expected benefit when returning to the home country or region
The latest university degree should have been obtained during the six years prior to the application for the scholarship. Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants in any case.
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information