ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Contract: Fixed term
Responsible to: Finance Manager (Partnership)
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with the Finance Manager on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Finance ManagerPartnership
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: All AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
- Sound Practical Knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Ability to work well with or without supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software is an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High sense of integrity
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and location e.g Finance Officer – Abuja as the subject of the mail.