If you have a passion for innovation, the ability to devise new solutions to old problems, and a willingness to challenge the established orthodoxy, then we want to hear from you.
Who are we? We are Transparency International, the global coalition against corruption. From villages in rural Africa to the corridors of power in Brussels, we give voice to the men and women affected by corruption. Our global movement has just one vision: we want a world free of corruption.
We believe that young people in Africa have the potential to create new and exciting changes in their communities but are prevented from pursuing their dreams by corruption. We want to engage a new generation of changemakers – those with the ability to devise agile solutions to intractable problems together with an unwavering determination to do good in this world – to help us hold governments and powerful people to account.
In response, we have launched a competition to identify young people with an instinct for innovation and the drive to tackle corruption. If that sounds like you, we need your help in addressing the malign presence of land corruption in Africa.
If your idea is selected, you will:
- participate in a workshop where you will learn from and network with international anti-corruption experts, land activists, youth engagement experts and like-minded peers;
- receive individualised support to perfect your idea;
- gain exposure for your ideas through Transparency International’s social media channels and blog platforms;
- work with subject experts, peers and our national chapters to bring your idea into action!
- To be eligible for this competition, you must be aged between 18 and 35 (at the time of application) and living (permanently) in sub-Saharan Africa.
- To be eligible for this competition, you do not need experience as we welcome all good ideas! We are, however, particularly keen to receive applications from young people who are already fighting corruption in Africa and from those related disciplines.
DEADLINE: October 31, 2018
To apply and for more information visit here