The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and IDRC invite proposals for regional grants from individual organizations or consortia of multiple organizations for national, sub-national, or regional level projects to generate and mobilize knowledge to support national education systems in developing country contexts in addressing shared policy challenges related to improving access, quality, and the performance of their systems.
Projects funded through this call will:
- Scan for and identify relevant approaches and innovations to address shared policy challenges;
- Adapt and test those approaches to assess how to scale positive impacts in GPE-member countries; and
- Mobilize knowledge and build capacity to improve the uptake of approaches in policy and practice.
This call is designed to respond to the demands of GPE member countries for knowledge and innovation. Proposals should address one or more of the following four policy challenges shared among GPE member countries in East, West, and Southern Africa:
- Strengthening in-service teacher mentorship and support
- Increasing access to early childhood care and education for rural and marginalised children
- Increasing access to quality education for rural and marginalised children; and
- Strengthening utilisation of learning assessments
November 06, 2020
- This call is open to individual Southern organizations or consortia of up to three organizations. The applicant organization/lead institution must have legal corporate registration and the capacity to administer foreign funds.
- Proposals from consortia must name one lead organization that can subgrant to additional organizations. The lead organization must be a Southern organization based in Africa. Other consortium members may include members from within the region; national, regional, or international offices of multi-lateral organizations or international NGOs; or other organizations from outside the region.
- This call is NOT open to individuals, governments, or organizations interested in using this grant to conduct research on the for-profit provision of core education services.
CA$750,000-$1,200,000 per grant
Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates