Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Journalism Scholarships are intended to enable junior journalists to further their professional development and continue training in new surroundings, and to gain a first-hand and in-depth knowledge of the customs, opinions and way of life in other countries.
November 30, 2020
Young journalists from North-Rhine-Westphalia and developing countries are eligible for a scholarship if they satisfy the following requirements:
- have a keen interest in development issues;
- have already gained substantial professional experience in journalism (a completed college education is desirable);
- are not older than 35 years of age; and,
- have a good command of the official language of their host country (candidates from abroad must at least have a basic knowledge of the German language).
Scholarship holders get:
- a lump-sum contribution towards living expenses in the host country (with scholarship payments covering training and living expenses in the host country);
- a lump-sum allowance for flight and travelling expenses (the foundation pays a return air ticket for candidates from abroad);
- an allowance to cover costs of research materials (e.g. literature);
- an allowance for trips within the host country; and,
- (if neccessary, for scholarship holders from abroad) a German language course of up to four months at the Düsseldorf or Bonn based Goethe-Institut.
View official Website Here for Application and further information.
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates