Eko Innovation Centre welcomes applications from teams that can deliver finished metering hardware and software systems.
WHY THE HACKATHON?
Despite significant investment and resolutions around power generation and distribution, over 60% of users in Lagos are estimated to still be unmetered and this affects the last-mile distribution to customers. The inability to resolve this not only prevents the supply of constant and stable electricity but causes significant revenue leakage and adversely affects the trust the people have in the system.
Eko Innovation Centre (with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources as Title Sponsors) is promoting efforts to provide affordable meter to the populace by facilitating a meter design hackathon to improve energy distribution, monitoring and preventing revenue leakage.
- Team Registration: July 30, 2020 – August 28, 2020
- Prototype Build and Finalization: July 30, 2020 – August 28, 2020
- Prototype Submission Deadline: August 28, 2020
- Open to entrepreneurs, software enthusiasts, hackers and developers;
- While the preference is to drive local participation and technology contribution, submissions are welcome from those who want to make a change and contribute to the making electricity supply better in Lagos.
- You can participate in the Hackathon whether you’re starting your development from scratch or continuing a previously started project. Ensure you follow the requirements in the RFP document.
N7 million for combined winning hardware and software team. Additionally, a percentage of the Intellectual Property royalties from the winning solution.
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates