JOB TITLE: MONITORING, EVALUATION, RESEARCH AND LEARNING (MERL) OFFICER
JOB LOCATION: Calabar, Cross River State
THE BRIDGE LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION (TBLF) – One of Nigeria’s leading nonprofit organizations focused on leadership development with the vision to raise a community of inspired, equipped and influential young leaders, who lead themselves and others. . We provide relevant and tailored programs that support effective youth transitions in the area of leadership, education, entrepreneurship & employability and social change for young people in Africa particularly Nigeria.
We are on a strategic journey towards building a world class leadership institute that seeks to be a builder, a thought leader and a development hub for young people. We are seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer to support the organization in conducting world class research, in-depth impact assessment & measurement, and supporting the achievements of the overall organization’s strategic goals.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Strategy:
1) Work closely with the Program Department in developing and driving the organizational vision and MERL strategy; translating the strategy into actionable goals towards the growth of the organization.
alignment with TBLF’s mission and strategy.
3) Provide leadership for the Monitor2) Direct and coordinate all research activities for the organization, working in partnership with other relevant stakeholders, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) unit by driving the development of impact measurement, evaluation frameworks, tools and the definition of key performance indicators to measure organizational effectiveness.
4) Provide on-the-job coaching to the Monitoring and Evaluation team
Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Analysis:
5) Collaborate with programs team and partners in the conceptualization, design and development of impact measurement frameworks and indicators, in planning and standardizing needs assessment, setting monitoring plans for projects; monitoring and evaluating programs/projects objectives using data.
6) Provide evidence-based recommendations to improve programming and program design.
7) Conduct both short-term and longitudinal studies for programs and projects.
8) Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools to ensure quality assurance in line with international standards.
8) Carry out analyses and visualization of project data; communicate results clearly with actionable recommendations.
Fundraising and Partnerships
9) Identify and apply for relevant research grants for the organization.
10) Identify, initiate and manage relationships with strategic partners for the organization.
Research and Writing
11) Lead the research activities in connection with the organization’s mission and strategy. Activities include – coordinating research fellowship programs, signing off key research projects and decisions, integrating intelligence gained from other units into research agenda and study design, sharing insights learned from research with all relevant stakeholders.
12) Carry out and oversee writing activities for the organization – disseminating evidence obtained from research work which includes white papers, concept notes, research and evaluation reports, policy briefs, info graphics, peer reviews and articles.
13) Submit project reports on time, in-line with stakeholder’s expectations and appropriate for non – technical audiences.
Thought Leadership and Advocacy
14) Support the process of curriculum development, and review as well as conducting mapping of best practices research for the TBLF’s curriculum and pedagogy.
15) Host convening and oversee the dissemination of program findings, constantly communicating with stakeholders and policy makers on the evidence obtained from the programs with a goal to mainstream the TBLF’s curriculum.
16) Developing systems-level advocacy materials in line with the organization’s strategic pillars.
17) Engage in other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization and as assigned by your supervisor.
The required candidate should possess the following:
1) Minimum of a Master’s degree in the social sciences or related field ( Advanced degree will be a good advantage).
2) 5+ years of experience (including a minimum of 3 years leadership and management experience in the nonprofit industry) with demonstrated interest in social entrepreneurship and research.
3) Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout.
4) Highly organized.
5) Strong stakeholder management skills
6) Ability to provide appropriate levels of independence, guidance and coaching to direct reports
7) Strategic thinker, thinking holistically about the organization’s mission, and relationship between their work and the work of others
8) Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver presentations at major industry events and conduct interviews with media.
10) Aligned in thought and actions with TBLF‘s values
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
6th August 2022