The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Essay Competition is sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to promote academic excellence and Nigerian Content to encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
25th September, 2020
2020 Essay Topic:
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AS A LEVER FOR LOCAL CONTENT IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA’S OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Universities in Nigeria.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.com on or before 25th September, 2020 Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (REGISTER ON WEBSITE FIRST)
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 WORDS.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address MUST ACCOMPANY THE MANUSCRIPT.
- Entrants’ NAMES SHALL NOT APPEAR ON THE MANUSCRIPT, but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted FOR THE VIRTUAL INTERACTIVE ASSESSMENT to defend their submitted essays.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: N1,000,000 for 1st place, N500,000 for 2nd place, N300,000 for 3rd. 4th – 10th places finishers shall each receive a laptop.
- Essays will be judged based on Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by the 16th October, 2020.
- The virtual award ceremony comes up 27th October, 2020
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
Prizes will be awarded as follows: N1,000,000 for 1st place, N500,000 for 2nd place, N300,000 for 3rd. 4th – 10th places finishers shall each receive a laptop.
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates
I must commend the leadership and management of The Bridge Leadership Foundation for organizing the undergraduates essay competition, and I make bold to say that this sort of competition will spur our undergraduates to pursue academic research and help them enlarge their scope of academic relevance.
But then, I’m concerned about those who are not undergraduates but who are interested in writing and contributing their academic propensities to the general discourse. It will be worthwhile to put up an inclusive competition so that no one is left out in the discourse on issues that border on Nigeria and humanity at large.
Hello Chidi, we would like to let you know that this Essay Competition is NOT organized by The Bridge Leadership Foundation. We believe this information is valuable to our audience hence, we share on our platform. You can visit the official link on the post to know more about the organizers. Thank you