One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south. They guide filmmakers and journalists on a single project and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project. The fellowship seeks to champion diverse emerging talent, and particularly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups (people of color, ethnic groups, women, LGBTQ+, or people with disabilities) as well as from people from and based in the global south.
March 29, 2022
– Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
– Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
– Proposals where the majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frame
– Projects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
– Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets. We are looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites, online platforms, etc.
– £1,000 production grant
– Executive Producer for your project
– Career mentorship
– Workshops and webinars by industry experts
– Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
– Introductions to commissioners
– Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
View the official Website Here for Application and further information.
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates