The SME Challenge is an initiative of EDC and ProvidusBank which aims at equipping small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with skills and competencies that the SMEs require to be able to run their businesses profitably, defend sound and viable business proposals, efficient funds utilization, trade, access to markets and prepare the SMEs to access funding.
Through this program, we will enhance the entrepreneurial and managerial competencies of Nigerian SMEs towards building sustainable business practices and provide support that will enable them to navigate business challenges.
September 21 2020
To be eligible for the program, the applicant must be:
- A Nigerian
- 18 years and above
- Own a viable business that is registered and operated in Nigeria
- A for-profit business from any sector
- Educated with minimum qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- Able to carry out the application process online
- Committed to the training schedule, physically and virtually, once accepted
The SME Challenge will provide capacity building for SMEs in 3 phases;
- Phase 1 – Capacity Building for 500 SMEs: 500 candidates will be onboarded, trained and granted access to the SME toolkit’s resources. The SME toolkit contains a set of tools that will equip businesses to gain competitive advantage, free business advisory from renowned experts and access to software packages, business forms, training resources and templates that can help your business succeed.
- Phase 2 – Business support for the top 50 SMEs: The top 50 candidates selected from the 500 will receive additional business consultations.
- Phase 3 – Enterprise Development program for the top 15 SMEs: The top 15 SMEs will be given a Customized Enterprise Development program coupled with intensive business support.
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates