The Commonwealth Short Story Prize started in 2012 with the launch of Commonwealth Writers. Free to enter and with a global reach across five continents, the Prize seeks out talented writers and brings stories from new and emerging voices to an international audience. Stories often come from countries with little or no publishing infrastructure and from places that are marked by geographical, geopolitical or economic isolation.
1 November 2020
- The competition is free to enter and open to any citizen of a Commonwealth country who is aged 18 and over.
- Must be a talented writer.
- Must have an internet connection to submit your unpublished story of 2000-5000 words.
- The overall winner is announced at an annual awards ceremony, which moves around the Commonwealth.
- Through submission to the Prize, writers also gain access to opportunities to take part in Commonwealth Writers’s craft development workshops, outreach activities, and be featured in Commonwealth Writers’s online magazine,
View official Website Here for Application and further information.
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates