Young people can now apply for key positions to spearhead youth-led action on pressing global challenges across the Commonwealth.
Seven Commonwealth Youth Networks are each seeking candidates to serve as their coordinator for a one-year term.
The networks are leading youth-driven bodies in the Commonwealth, galvanising advocacy and action on the environment, human rights, peacebuilding, entrepreneurship, education, health and sport for development.
The selected applicants will coordinate the particular network’s operations, encourage young people to deliver on Commonwealth priorities, organise capacity-building projects for youth advocates, give strategic advice to technical panels and advocate on global issues from a youth perspective.
A golden opportunity
Layne Robinson, Head of Social Policy Development at the Secretariat, said: “This would be a profound opportunity for talented and conscientious individuals to serve the young people of the Commonwealth, bringing youth leaders and youth-led organisations together to co-create the sustainable future we want to see in the Commonwealth.
“We, at the Commonwealth Youth Programme, understand the importance of harnessing the energy, talent and creativity of our youth population in tackling the current challenges that define our day while taking hold of the many opportunities now open for driving positive and meaningful change.
“For this reason, the Commonwealth needs the full support of the young people behind the many innovative ideas and strategic plans that will accelerate progress toward achieving the sustainable development goals, and support community-led, national and regional action especially as member countries rebuild after COVID-19.
“So, if you have the knowledge skills and abilities to lead and make a difference, this opportunity is for you. Join in!”
15 October 2020
- be a citizen from a Commonwealth country and aged 18 to 29 years;
- have a strong commitment to upholding and promoting the goal of the particular network of interest;
- have experience of working with an organisation focused on the selected issue; and
- be available to commit 20 hours per week to the network’s activities for 12 months
How to Apply
Applicants should apply for coordinator positions of the following networks by 23:59 GMT on 15 October 2020, through the respective links.
- Commonwealth Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs Africa
- Commonwealth Students Association
- Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network (CYCN)
- Commonwealth Youth Health Network
- Commonwealth Youth Human Right and Democracy Network
- Commonwealth Youth Peace Ambassadors Network
- Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network
The selected candidates will work remotely and will receive a monthly stipend.
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information
Kindly subscribe to our telegram channel to get more updates